The wonderful Abbey over at Abscape has tagged me in her first blog post! Please everyone go and send some love to her blog – she is such a star and also my favourite bookshop customer! Mention James Potter to her and she’ll be your friend!
Without further ado, let’s get started on…
A Very Bookish Tag
- Do you get sick while reading in the car?
Here’s the thing – I don’t read in the car purely because when I was little I used to get sick. So I haven’t tried it since! I do read on the bus though sometimes, but I don’t know how different that is…
- Which authors writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Lemony Snicket had quite a unique style – he would constantly interrupt the flow of the narrative and add in his own thoughts to what was occurring in certain chapters. I haven’t seen stories like those since I read them!
- Harry Potter or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter because: MAGIC, FRIENDSHIP, LUNA LOVEGOOD
- Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I don’t carry a specific book bag; I’ll just shove my book into my backpack!
- Do you smell your books?
I absolutely adore the smell of brand new books as opposed to old books! I won’t routinely sniff them, but once or twice I have made sure to fan the pages close to my face!
- Books with or without little illustrations?
Both are amazing! Books with little extra chapter illustrations or symbols are so cool!
- What book did you love while reading but discovered later isn’t quality writing?
As much as I love it, I feel like The Twilight Saga just wouldn’t hold the same appeal writing wise as it did when I read them as a teen. I’d definitely require more Jasper chapters!
- Do you have any stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I remember how excited my entire class got when the first Harry Potter film came out – we were having the third book read to us by our teachers at that point. A whole load of us would wait eagerly for it just to hear how perfect our teacher got his Hagrid voice.
- What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.
- What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Either Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix or my collection of The Brothers Grimm fairy tales.
- Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write occasionally – I’m more of a short stories person. I have ideas that long to be turned into stories but they’re hard to get pinned down! One day I’ll write everything and create a story.
- When did you get into reading?
When I was young I always used to read; whether that be looking at books upside down when I was tiny or from reading with my parents. I fell in love with Jacqueline Wilson books, loved the Harry Potter series, and was amazed and obsessed with A Series Of Unfortunate Events. It’s lots of little factors.
- What is your favourite classic book?
I’m a sucker for Frankenstein. Give me some classic darker stories over Pride And Prejudice any day.
- In school what was your best subject?
I really enjoyed English!
- If you were given a book as a present you had read before but hated what would you do?
- What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Uglies by Scott Westerfield is similar to The Hunger Games, and there’s a brand new book out that’s perfect for Harry Potter fans – Nevermoor! This is amazing and I would highly recommend it!
- What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I leave too much time between blog posts! It’s really bad of me, but I’m getting better by taking photos in bulk for the books I want to review!
- What is your favourite word?
I don’t have a favourite word, but I tend to use words like ‘mate’, ‘super’ and ‘lovely’ quite a lot…
- Are you a nerd a dork or a dweeb? Or all of the above?
Definitely a nerd!
- What is your favourite fandom you are part of?
Now that is just far too hard for me to say. I’m part of so many fandoms, it would be cruel to choose just one!
That’s my ‘A Very Bookish Tag’ done! If you want to give it a go yourself, feel free to copy the questions over to your own blog! I’d love to see your answers!