I’ve been tagged by the lovely Jordan over at The Heart of a Book Blogger – make sure to check her out!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
- Do you read multiple books at once?
I always read multiple books at once! I’ll usually read a couple at a time, and sometimes I can hit a wall in a certain book and pick up where I left off in another. Usually though, I’ll get stuck into one book and finish it before moving on.
- What “required reading” book did you enjoy reading the most in school?
I loved Frankenstein, it became one of my favourite classics and was so cleverly written and gripping. The idea fascinated me too; it was so bizarre and yet here was a book about morbidly building a person and bringing them to life! I also absolutely adored Othello, and it has since become my favourite Shakespeare.
- Do you like romance in books?
If the romance isn’t the main plot of the book, then yes. A great example of this? Kaz and Inej in Six of Crows. There are very subtle hints at the fact they like each other, but as there are far more important things going on in their lives it doesn’t even begin to go anywhere until the second book.
I hate books that have the love-at-first-sight trope. Let the characters get to know each other please? Life doesn’t work like a Disney fairytale.
- What’s you Hogwarts house?
I am a very proud Hufflepuff, always have been! I’ve made a few Pottermore profiles over the years (forgotten email passwords…) and each time I’ve been sorted in Hufflepuff. It might just be my fondness for cake…
- Do you like reading outside?
When the weather is nice, I love it. I’ve lost hours sitting on the grass reading under the sun before realising I should probably go inside and drink something. Once, I sat for ages reading the first Game of Thrones book, went inside, and then noticed the epic tan line my shorts had left behind…
- Do you have any pets?
I have two pets! A miniature schnauzer called Lara (after the brilliant Tomb Raider of course), and a black cat called Basil (who is named after the herb).
- What was/is your favorite subject in school?
I never really had a favourite. I enjoyed English Literature and Art, and also enjoyed Graphic Design, but never really pinpointed a favourite. I knew that I didn’t like Maths though…
- Do you like to write?
I love writing! I’ve been writing on and off since I was about 16, and that started with Twilight fanfiction. But lets not talk about that…
- How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been blogging since July 2017, so four months! I don’t post often but I love it!
- Are you a fast reader?
Depends on the book. Some books I’ve read within a few hours if it’s all I’m doing, others will take a bit longer. Two recent reads for example: Crooked Kingdom took 13 days of on and off reading, whereas It Only Happens In The Movies took 2 days. It always depends on whether the subject is an easy read, and how many pages there are.
- What was the first book that you fell in love with?
Going back to the first book I properly remember falling in love with? The Alfie books by Shirley Hughes. My parents used to read me them all the time, and I really loved the art within the pages. Now as a 24 year old, I still adore anything by Shirley Hughes.
- How many books have you read this year?
- Who is your favourite Hogwarts professor?
- What is the last book that made you cry?
- Which book have you read that left a long lasting impression on you?
- Favourite fictional couple?
- Favourite book series?
- If you could live in any book world, where would you be?
- You’re going to be assigned a book character as a sidekick! Who do you choose?
- What is your dream author collaboration?
- What season do you prefer?
- What is your favourite Shakespeare?
Amy @ Golden Books Girl
Rachel @ Rachel’s Really Random Reviews
Jemima @ Drinking Books
Steph @ A Little But A Lot
Rebecca @ This Booky Place
Charlotte @ Charlotte, Somewhere
Louise @ Book Murmuration
Sarah @ Sarah Withers Blog
Aimee @ Summer Reads Moonlight Dreams
Lauren @ Northern Plunder
Of course, if you enjoyed this post then feel free to join in!